"To enhance and enrich the
student-athlete experience by providing service that goes above and
beyond what is expected"
The above mission is more than the league motto, but also the creedo for everything the Collegiate Water Polo Association strives for on the local, regional and national levels
Who are we?
The Collegiate Water Polo Association is a non-profit athletic conference comprised of four-year colleges and universities. Unlike other conferences, the CWPA is comprised of both varsity and collegiate club programs which compete for an National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or National Collegiate Club (NCCC) Championship.
A member conference of the NCAA, the purpose of the Association is to serve its membership through a variety of ways, including the coordination of a competitive schedule. As a non-profit 501 (c)-3 organization, it is also a charitable entity, capable of receiving donations that are tax deductible. All gifts of this kind may be sent to the office, with an acknowledgment returned to you for your tax records.
The Collegiate Water Polo Association provides a number of benefits to its membership including:
- Conference web site
- Desk official training and support
- Eastern Championship tournament management
- Hall of Fame Banquet
- Hotel reservations for teams and offi cials
- Job placement service
- National Championship tournament management
- Online education
- Referee assignments
- Referee training program
- Five free balls for all host sites
- Free whistle
- One free ball for every team
- Score sheets for tournament hosts
- Laminated scoring guide for tournament hosts
- NCAA Rules Book and Fox 40 whistle for every team
- Complimentary program for every athlete and coach
- Awards for top two teams in each division
- Awards for top coaches in each division
- All-Tournament and MVP awards at championship events
- Certifi cates for Scholar-Athletes
- All-Conference awards for best 14 players per division
- All-America awards for collegiate club teams