Bucknell University Seeks Head Men's & Women's Water Polo Coach
LEWISBURG, Pa. -- Bucknell University seeks a head men's and women's water polo coach responsible for management and administration of all phases of a varsity intercollegiate sport program and team, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA and the Conference.
1. Schedule and conduct regular practice sessions (traditional & non-traditional seasons). Coach the team during scheduled events. Determine and implement the strategies necessary to motivate the team to maximum levels of individual and team performance.
2. Conduct coaches preparation meetings and coordinate teaching procedures for members of coaching staff.
3. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport actively seeking new methods and strategies.
4. Be responsible for the search, selection and training of qualified assistant coaches with the approval of the Director of Athletics, in accordance with all proper University regulations.
5. Direct and manage assistant coaches; delegating and prioritizing administrative responsibilities, as appropriate. Be responsible for annual performance evaluations for any and all staff reporting to head coach
6. Maintain continuing and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA rules and the rules and regulations of Bucknell University, and be responsible for compliance with all NCAA rules.
7. Present annual budget requirements to the Director of Athletics and be accountable for expense control compliance and administration of the sport's budget.
8. Work with proper departmental personnel in regard to all arrangements for team travel, practice and competition.
9. Scout and recruit quality student-athletes and coordinate all recruiting activities with appropriate athletics administration. Develop a working relationship with the faculty and University staff to assist in the recruiting process.
10. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate Departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
11. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
12. Establish and ensure communication and enforcement of rules and regulations regarding student-athlete conduct, appearance and behavior.
13. Assist in enforcement of Departmental policies on study programs and require class attendance and completion of work missed due to intercollegiate competition.
14. Demonstrate support for all other sports programs, intramural programs, and other functions of the University and the Department.
15. Participate in fundraising activities as assigned by the Director of Athletics. 16. Perform other duties as assigned.
17. Work collaboratively with all support offices both in the Department and on Campus, i.e. Sports Information, Athletic Training, Admissions.
18. Teach in Department wellness program as assigned.
19. Be responsible for all travel
arrangements for team; including insuring safe transportation to
the contest site and back to campus. 20. Maintain current CPR and
First Aid certifications.
1. Bachelors Degree required.
2. Strong communication (verbal and
written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to
collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having
a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives.
Proven integrity, leadership, and a thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations is essential. Candidate should possess a strong commitment and ability to motivate, teach, counsel, and recruit academically qualified student-athletes.