PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- Brown University seeks an assistant men's and women's water polo coach.
This position assists the Head Coach in all phases of the Men's and Women's Water Polo programs. This includes coaching, assisting in recruiting, and administrative responsibilities that include compiling and maintaining student-athlete participation and prospective-student recruiting logs and other NCAA/Ivy compliance information.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and ECAC rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test.
The work schedule is established at July 16 - December 15 which then resumes from January 16 - May 15. Varied hours including early mornings, evenings and weekends.
Job qualifications include:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three to five years of coaching experience at the high school and/or collegiate playing experience; collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League rules.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral communication, and computer skills.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the game, and ability to coach and motivate.
- Support all decisions made by the Head Coach.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
More information, including salary data and all pertinent contact information for the Brown University Human Resources Department, is available at https://careers.brown.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1306416951886