PARK RIDGE, Ill. -- Nine Indiana University women's water polo players were among 1,078 spring and at-large sports student-athletes who earned Academic All-Big Ten honors.
The list of honored student-athletes features 95 baseball players, 80 softball players, 128 women’s rowers, 55 men’s and 48 women’s golfers, 50 men’s and 55 women’s tennis athletes, 141 men’s and 158 women’s track standouts and 124 men’s (representing ice hockey, volleyball, lacrosse, fencing, rowing and pistol and rifle) and 144 women’s (representing water polo, ice hockey, fencing, synchronized swimming, lightweight rowing, lacrosse and pistol and rifle) at-large athletes. To be eligible for Academic All-Big Ten selection, student-athletes must be letterwinners who are in at least their second academic year at their institution and carry a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
For the Hoosiers, nine members of the 2011 Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA) Eastern championship squad were honored:
- Katie Black (Sr., Fairfield, Conn./Fairfield) General Studies
- Kara Butler (Sr., Poway, Calif./Poway) Sport Marketing & Management
- Kelsey Campbell (Sr., Maple Ridge, B.C., Canada/Maple Ridge Secondary) Business (Finance & Accounting)
- Kate Dunn (Sr., Worthington, Ohio/Thomas Worthington) International Studies
- Hanna Eimstad (Jr., Portland, Ore./Beaverton) Biology
- Megan Jacobs (Jr., Brookfield, Ill./Lyons Township) Visual Arts Education
- Jakie Kohli (Jr., Burnaby, B.C., Canada/Moscrop Secondary) General Studies
- Nicole Redder (Sr., Grandville, Mich./Jenison) Human Development & Family Studies
- Lauren Wyckoff (Sr., Los Altos, Calif./Los Altos) Sport Communication - Broadcast