Princeton University Seeks Aquatics Coordinator
PRINCETON, N.J. -- Princeton University seeks an Aquatics Coordinator to provide supervision of DeNunzio and Dillon Pools 2-3 evenings per week and 1-2 days on the weekend.
1. REPORTS TO ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS FOR FACILITIES/AQUATICS.
2. EVENING/WEEKEND SUPERVISION OF
DENUNZIO AND DILLON POOLS
-Provide supervision of DeNunzio and Dillon Pools 2-3 evenings per week and 1-2 days on the weekend.
-Supervise lifeguard staff to ensure that they are performing their duties as outlined in the policies and procedures manual.
-Ensure adequate lifeguard coverage is provided based on the use of the pools.
-Take the lead during any facility or health emergencies while on-site, which includes coordination with Public Safety and completing incident reports.
-Oversight of water chemistry/mechanical operations of the pools while on-site.
-Recognize and respond (or report) any facility related concerns or safety hazards.
-Maintain inventory of all lifesaving equipment and first-aid supplies.
-Oversight of daily rental groups ensuring that they are utilizing the facility according to their contract and schedule.
-Complete knowledge and enforcement of the New Jersey State Bathing Code and University Policies and Procedures.
3. AQUATIC EVENT MANAGEMENT
-Coordinate all aspects of event management including planning, staffing, coordination with University Departments such as Public Safety and Building Services, and payroll.
-Events include varsity swim meets, water polo, and diving competitions as well as large external swim meets and water polo competitions.
-Act as the event manager and be on-site during aquatic events.
-Coordinate event setup needs and building coverage with the Pool Operator.
-Be familiar with Colorado Timing and scoring system setup, operation, and troubleshooting.
4. INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION
-Instruct American Red Cross Lifeguard Training , CPR, First Aid and AED classes to ensure all aquatics and coaching /department staff required to be certified as part of their athletic contract are in compliance.
-Coordinate a comprehensive, revenue generating, program of aquatics/safety training classes such as Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid Classes, swim lessons, etc.
-Hire, train, and supervise a team of instructors.
-Maintain a budget for classes and set course fees to ensure revenue target is met.
-Establish a sign-up and record keeping system for classes in order to track registration and payment.
-Purchase all course materials and complete all paper work associated with these courses.
-Lifeguard when needed.
-Other duties as assigned.
5. ADHERE TO IVY LEAGUE, ECAC AND NCAA RULES AND REGULATIONS.
1. Baccalaureate degree.
2. Minimum of two years of pool management experience.
3. Current Lifeguard Instructor certification (within 90 days of hire).
4. Current CPR, First Aid and AED Instructor certification (within 90 days of hire).
5. Current Lifeguard, CPR & AED certification (within 90 days of hire).
6. Current Certified Pool Operator certification (within 90 days of hire)
7. Strong organizational skills.
8. Strong interpersonal communication skills (both oral and written).
9. Ability to communicate effectively with various constituencies.
10. Willingness to work nights and weekends.
11. Familiar with pool chemistry and mechanical functions which relate to pool operations.
12. Ability to perform functions with accuracy and attention to detail.
13. Basic computer skills.
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
1. Advanced degree
2. Experience with payroll
3. Experience in developing personnel pools for various hourly positions
4. Experience teaching or coordinating various aquatic programming related courses.
5. Familiarity with Colorado Timing System setup, operation, and troubleshooting.
Comments related to end date: This is a two-year term position.
|Contact:||Athletics - 705
|Online App. Form:||https://jobs.princeton.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=60236&jtsrc=www.hig heredjobs.com&jtrfr=www.peopleadmin.com&adorig=PA|